What we have seen from our previous working life
Claud M Brandt
- Claud has over 50 years working experience having worked most of his working life in the construction industry and construction industry related businesses.
- During his career he has worked in countries in Eastern Europe, Middle East, Far East, South America and Africa.
- He has held several senior management positions including a directorship of a Land Survey company, construction project manager, senior engineer on overseas projects, quality manager and IT Manager.
- 30 years of his working life was with one of the largest publicly listed UK international construction companies where he held various positions on several overseas projects. He was later the quality manager for several years and for 15 years he was the IT manager of the international company when in 1981 he was given the task to computerise the head office together with the overseas regional offices and construction projects. The last 4 years he was the IT manager for the Group with a staff of 50 after the international division merged with the UK arm of the company.
- Following his retirement after the 30 years with the construction company he took up a position based in Malaysia as the SE Asia representative for a UK software company whose software is one of the leading ERP software solutions for the construction industry. He then moved from Malaysia to Cambodia for a short spell and then to Singapore as the Director of the locally registered company in Singapore. His primary function was to market and sell the software in the SE Asia region and project manage the implementation of the ERP solution.
- In 2016 he retired as the representative in SE Asia for the UK software house and later set up WXS Consulting together with Wendy Wu co-founder.
- FCCA from The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
- Master of Science (Technopreneurship & Innovation).
- The Master of Science (Technopreneurship & Innovation), which she obtained from Singapore Nanyang Technological University, covers entrepreneurship & business planning; Accounting for New & Ongoing Ventures; Corporate Finance & Merger & Acquisition; Marketing; Implementing business strategy; Managing growth; Intellectual Property & Technology Evaluation & Commercialization; Technology, Innovation & Design; Strategic Human Resource Management for New & Ongoing Ventures; Venture Capital Financing; Strategic Management for New Ventures & Technology Firms; Developing New Business Models for Emerging Technologies; Sustainable Leadership & Strategy Innovation.
- BSc with first class honors in Applied Accounting (Oxford Brookes University, UK).
- Degree in Education (East China Normal University, China).
- Working experience in education, external/internal auditing, internal control, finance and administration, business consulting, ERP consulting & training, ERP Implementation project management, supplier’s financial risk management.
- Various positions held previously:
- Group CFO of a listed company with a subsidiary in the USA.
- Internal control manager.
- Company director of an overseas subsidiary in Singapore.
- ERP consultant.
- Internal audit manager.
- Senior auditor.
- Worked in Chinese and foreign mixed culture companies. The experience of working in multi culture backgrounds helped her in building up a better and effective team work relationship with team members and customers from different backgrounds. People she worked with from various countries included China, Germany, Cambodia, India, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore, UK, Australia, USA.
Click here to find out more about me
What we have seen from our previous working life
- Complicated business processes did not help many companies achieve their efficiency, effectiveness and economy ( the 3 E’s).
- Companies with a lot of KPI’s are either not relevant or are just set for so called management needs without helping to improve business performance.
- Companies with written policies and procedures without realising whether they are applicable or relevant to the company or to the various stages in the growth of the company.
- Lack of good reviews or no reviews on the compliance of company policies and procedures resulting in all the policies and procedures becoming simply a paperwork exercise without seeking to improve.
- SMEs senior management realise the issues of setting up and running a business but are short of in-house expertise or find that hiring external professional help to establish what issues the company is facing and how to solve them is too expensive.
- Company information system does not meet the requirements of the company or the growth of the company resulting in inaccuracies or delays with management reporting and thus delays in decision making to correct and prevent any anomalies for the future. If not corrected it will have a further impact on the business performance of the whole company.
- For those companies that have an overseas branch or branches, due to culture differences and language issues, business communications become a major issue which in turn impacts the operation of the whole company.